Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Spring is here in Waxahachie Texas...

          Howdy and Welcome to my blog.       

      

Spring is here in Waxahachie Texas and what a better time than to bring out your Plein Air Supplies and get to painting. 


Last month my son and I went up to Ennis to the Bluebonnet Park so I could do a little Plein Air and for him to get out of the house. 

Well I did not want to take my heavy Plein Air gear with me so I created a small light wt. Plein Air lunch bag and a lot of FB folks have ask me about my light wt. Travel Plein Air Bag. 

Well let me say that you don't need a fancy set up to go out doors to paint, all you need are a few household items to get stated.
Let's start with a lunch bag or an old back pack. 
I pick this bag up at the Dollar Store. I was suppose to use it to carry my lunch and water when I Plein Air but when I get started painting, will who need a lunch...  




One thing you are going to need is a container for your water, 
(if your medium is watercolor or acrylic) If you paint with something else,  a just the supplies to suit you. 
 
Now what I did was to go fine a small jar and place some of those pretty glass rock that you can buy at the 99 cent store/dollar store and place a few (you want to cove the bottom of you jar) 
in my jar. This is a great way to clean your brush and keep the paint at the bottom of your jar. 





As you can see here I carry light. 

I always wear a hat to cover my eyes so that my eyes are more open to see color better. I have a little squirt water bottle, my jar to wash my brushes out, pen, pencil, ruler, eraser, masking tape, palette knifes, brushes of different sizes, pill box, my paints 
(open acrylic that I place in a pill box.)

Note# when I am not painting I will place the pill box in the freezer.  


I also carry a sketch book, my 5"X 7" canvas boards, color wheel, paper towels, baby whips, and a bag for trash.  

and here you can see how it all fits together. And I still have room for a bottle of water too.  

Now you will need something to paint on and again 
use what ever you have laying around. 

Now I have a nice Sienna Plein Air Pochade Box
 but there are times that I don"t want to carry
 that around with me. So I found a box and now I have 
a Plein Air Pochade Box that works fine for me. 

Note# You can also use a cigar box as a 
Plein Air Pochade Box

Remember that making tape that I pack in my bag? 
Well you are going to use it to tape your canvas 
to the back of the box like I did in this pic. 
If you are wondering what to use as a palette.
I use either wax paper or parchment paper  
that I can pick up at the 99 Cent Store/ Dollar Tree. 
When you are done with your painting just throw a way the use wax paper or parchment paper and 
start with a clean sheet for your new creation.

That's all there is to it. 

Try it and go outside and just have fun. Don't  go out and try and create a Master piece but go out and enjoy the outdoors and have fun. That Master piece will come in time but not until you learn to have fun with your art. 




      Until next time, Happy Creating and God Bless

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I am deeply grateful for your support, comments and 
business and a huge thanks to all of those who have recently purchased my paintings and ornaments. 

It means a lot to me.

Thanks once again for taking the time to read my blog.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have a wall that needs to be filled or perhaps 
replaced with an image that inspires you? Or a memory you 
would like captured? Than I would love to talk to you about
doing a commission painting for you.   

And thank you for 
your support, your love of art and for letting me sharing my 
journey with you.  If you have friends who would be 
interested in my work, please forward this blog on to 
them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------




If you have friends who would be interested in my

work, please forward this blog on to them. And to 

continue to stay connected via:

Website:  http://creationsbyjdfields.weebly.com/

My blog: http://creationsbyjdfields.blogspot.com/     

My Newsletter: http://newsletterbyjdfields.blogspot.com/ 

My online gallery and affordable giclees on canvas, prints and cards: 

http://j-d-fields-.artistwebsites.com/ 

 j-d-fields-.pixels.com   

Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/artwkbyladybug/  

Follow me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/creationsbyjdfields

Commissions are welcome, Contact Me: pals4ever98@hotmail.com  

(C) All copyright privileges retained by Creations by J.D. Fields. Downloading/printing is prohibited by law