Friday, November 7, 2014

Page 1 - For the Beginner Vendor

                             Howdy and welcome to my blog. 



I get ask a lot by new artist on what they should bring to an art show?, What is the do's and don'ts of being a vendor? What kind of supplies do they need to bring to the show ?, etc.

Well I was planning on writing a book about this but I think I go ahead and blog about it first. Anyone who would like to add to this blog with your ideas on what you bring or use please leave a comment so that we can all learn something new. 

This information is for the beginner vendor's and I will post them in a few blogs. But for the crafter, woodworker, quilters, stained glass/ glass workers, Jewelry worker, etc. can use this same setup just change it to suit your type of work.
Just remember to always make sure that all your artwork is ready to see to sell. If you are an painter make use that you have a good hanger on your painting or photo and add the name of the work, size, medium, and your copy-write (C) 

So let's get started.

First page.

Supplies you will need for your indoor/outdoor art show.


1.  10'x 10' Pop-Up tent or an EZ Up

2. Weight bag , milk jug with sand in them, sand bags for holding down your EZ Up.

3. Tables of diffident size.  I have two 6 ft and one 4 ft. Plus a small table which I use as an art table or I can place my cash box on.

4. Chairs - I always bring two, one for me and one for my assistant.

5. You will need some table easels for displaying your art work.

6. Matching tablecloths for your tables.

7. Business card and a holder. I have three, one for each table.

8. Some kind of a money box to keep your money in.

9. Receipt book and pen. 

Side note: When writing your sale slip ask your customer to fill out their name and address so you can send them a Thank You card.

10. Try to have  cards or flyers of your next show and or brochures telling something about your self and art work with a holder.

11. Label all your art work with a nice price tag.

12. Get your self a 1/2 inch notebook so that you can place a price list of all your work displayed for your self. This is great to have on hand when your price tag has gotten lost some where.

13. A small trash can for your trash and your customer. Put this out in the open when there is no trash can around you.

14. Some kind of a nice gift bag to place your sold art work in for your customer.

Side note: I was at a show and a vendor had bought some recycle bags to put different sizes of art work in. Just make sure they are nice.

15. Always have water to drink and a snack or lunch with you.

16. You can buy or make a square grid to hang your art work on.

17. Some bins to carry your artwork in 

18.One good dolly to carry your art stuff on. 

19. A small First Aid Kit.

20. And a small miscellaneous kit which I will talk about in chapter 8

21. What to do after a show.


      Until next time, Happy Creating and God Bless

-------------------------------------------------------

I am deeply grateful for your support, comments and 
business and a huge thanks to all of those who have recently purchased my paintings and ornaments. 

It means a lot to me.

Thanks once again for taking the time to read my blog.

---------------------------------------------------------

Do you have a wall that needs to be filled or perhaps 
replaced with an image that inspires you? Or a memory you 
would like captured? Than I would love to talk to you about
doing a commission painting for you.   

And thank you for 
your support, your love of art and for letting me sharing my 
journey with you.  If you have friends who would be 
interested in my work, please forward this blog on to 
them.

--------------------------------------------------------------




If you have friends who would be interested in my blog or artwork, Please forward this blog on to them and join my blog as well.

And to continue to stay connected via:

Website:  http://creationsbyjdfields.weebly.com/

Gallery that my work is at: WWW.RAVENSNESTGALLERYCA.COM   

My blog: http://creationsbyjdfields.blogspot.com/     

My Newsletter: http://newsletterbyjdfields.blogspot.com/ 

My online gallery and affordable giclees on canvas, prints and cards: 

http://j-d-fields-.artistwebsites.com/ 

 j-d-fields-.pixels.com   

Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/artwkbyladybug/  

Follow me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/creationsbyjdfields

Commissions are welcome, Contact Me: pals4ever98@hotmail.com  

(C) All copyright privileges retained by Creations by J.D. Fields. Downloading/printing is prohibited by law