Thursday, October 23, 2014

How to keep your paint wet?


                  
                           Welcome to my blog. 



I have been ask alot by folks on how do I keep my acrylic paint moist or wet when painting PleinAir.

Well I will tell you, when I lay out my paints I place them in a home made wet palette that I made.
I like to use a Plein Air easel that has a galss palette that I can mix my paint on. With my home made wet palette  I can place my paint and keep them nice an moist.

Now you mite be saying to your self, "J.D. how can I make a home made wet palette?"

Well you can get an old rubber maid with or without a top (without a lid you will need to place the rubber maid in a plastic bag) and I line mine with four or five sponges (cut to fit), next I lay two paper towels on top of the wet sponges, next I place a couple of sheets of parchment or wax paper (I buy mind at the 99 cent store) to lay my acrylic paints on.

Once my paint are all lay out I will place a drop or two of clear gesso to help keep my paint creamy but if I find that my paints need a boost of moisture I will spray them with my water bottle, just enough to wet them again.

Note: if you don't won't to make a home made wet palette you can buy a wet palette with a sponge at Jerry Artarama.com

And rememer any left over paint you can keep it in your wet palette for a few days but it is best to place in your freeze to keep longer.


              Until! next time, Happy Creating and God Bless

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I am deeply grateful for your support, comments, love of art,and your business too. A huge thanks to all of those who have let me sharing my journey with you and have recently purchased one or more of my paintings and ornaments. It means a lot to me.

Again thanks for taking the time to read my blog.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have a wall that needs to be filled or perhaps 
replaced with an image that inspires you? Or a memory you 
would like captured? Than I would love to talk to you about
doing a commission painting for you.   

--------------------------------------------------------



If you have friends who would be 
interested in my work, please forward this blog on to 
them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have friends who would be interested in my

work, please forward this blog on to them. And to 

continue to stay connected via:

Website:  http://creationsbyjdfields.weebly.com/

Gallery that my work is at: WWW.RAVENSNESTGALLERYCA.COM   

My blog: http://creationsbyjdfields.blogspot.com/     

My Newsletter: http://newsletterbyjdfields.blogspot.com/ 

My online gallery and affordable giclees on canvas, prints and cards: 

http://j-d-fields-.artistwebsites.com/ 

 j-d-fields-.pixels.com   

Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/artwkbyladybug/  

Follow me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/creationsbyjdfields

Commissions are welcome, Contact Me: pals4ever98@hotmail.com  

(C) All copyright privileges retained by Creations by J.D. Fields. Downloading/printing is prohibited by law