Thursday, September 11, 2014

Oak Glen, Snow Line

Welcome to my blog. 

As some of you may know I like to get outside and do some Plein Air painting every once in a while.

One of the places I like to go to in Califorina is Oak Glen and my favorite is Snow Line Apple Orcher. It is a small but cozy little orcher.

The first time I painted I had a friend Barbara come out with me. We had a great time sitting in the Apple Orcher with the apple on the trees and on the ground all around us. The smell of apple was is the air...

I wanted to paint this tree and building but little did I know that I was going to have some trouble with this painting. 

As time went on most artist would have put their painting aside and started over again but not me, I just me kelp playing and we started to joke that I had chanel Vincent Van Gogh to help me paint the tree. Ha-Ha

Will as time went on that week it bug me that I could not work my acrylic paints so I switch to watercolors (What was I thinking? I don't work in watercolors)  but I gave it a try and this is what I came up with.  

Here is the half point.

This is the finish painting.

Next I broke out my pastel and painted the same tree again.  

Here is my pastel painting

After I spray the painting it turn dark and I had to go over it again with my pastels.

Well the next month I went out again to Snow Line but this time I took my grandkids with me and I painted the back side of an old shed.

I normaly don't do a quick shetch of what I am about to paint but this time I did.

Here is the first stage of this 5" x7" board canvas acrylic painting.

I 'm half way though this painting 

This is my finish painting.


      Until next time, Happy Creating and God Bless

--------------------------------------------------------

I am deeply grateful for your support, comments, love of art,and your business too. A huge thanks to all of those who have let me sharing my journey with you and have recently purchased one or more of my paintings and ornaments. It means a lot to me.

Again thanks for taking the time to read my blog.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have a wall that needs to be filled or perhaps 
replaced with an image that inspires you? Or a memory you 
would like captured? Than I would love to talk to you about
doing a commission painting for you.   

--------------------------------------------------------



If you have friends who would be 
interested in my work, please forward this blog on to 
them.

------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have friends who would be interested in my

work, please forward this blog on to them. And to 

continue to stay connected via:

Website:  http://creationsbyjdfields.weebly.com/

Gallery that my work is at: WWW.RAVENSNESTGALLERYCA.COM   

My blog: http://creationsbyjdfields.blogspot.com/     

My Newsletter: http://newsletterbyjdfields.blogspot.com/ 

My online gallery and affordable giclees on canvas, prints and cards: 

http://j-d-fields-.artistwebsites.com/ 

 j-d-fields-.pixels.com   

Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/artwkbyladybug/  

Follow me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/creationsbyjdfields

Commissions are welcome, Contact Me: pals4ever98@hotmail.com  

(C) All copyright privileges retained by Creations by J.D. Fields. Downloading/printing is prohibited by law