Monday, July 21, 2014

Road Trip, Painting and Consignment

Welcome to my blog. 



A few months ago hubby and I bought a other 5th Wheel 
(this one is a brand new 38' ft, 3 slides, Sundance 5th Wheel by Heartland) out on the road trip with hubby parents to Dos Picos Country Park in Ramona, Ca. 

              My father-in-law love going to this camp site


And I must say it was a nice relaxing get away and a great time to get some Plein Air time too. 

On Saturday around 10:00 am I pull out my painting gear and was going to paint this tree stub  
                         This pic was taken 2 years ago
     But when I went around the side of the our 5th Wheel I saw was a sea of tents and right next to us was a these tents.

       O' the memory that flooded my mind and heart of when I was a child and all the family camping events that we spent all summer long. I knew that I had to paint this so I set up     my gear and to my surprise my mother-in-law, father-in-law and hubby set up chairs behind me as I started to paint. 


        This was the first stage of my painting before we broke                                                     for lunch.  


         After lunch I painted the some more of the back ground                                            and the ground.

                             Now I am laying in the shadow 

Here is the finish painting 


I love to painted with extremely thick paint and palette knife, the
resulting image is full of texture, color and movement!

Later on that same day the hold family went up to Julian  for some apple pie. Can u believe I have been coming up to the little Mining town of Julian for the last 8 years and never had their famous Apple Pie. Shame on me. 


Well I stop in at a local Artists and consignment shop just to take a look and before I knew it I was talking shop (Art) and the lady (owner) ask if I would like to place some of my artwork in her shop. Yes!!!


Than again a few weeks later I went into a new gallery in town where I live just to take a look and before I knew it again I was talking shop (Art) and the owner ask if I would like to place some of my artwork in her shop.  I jump to that right away...




Plus I did an art show this month (July) at the Edward Dean Museum and one of the workers there ask if my son (he creates writing pens) if he would be interested in placing some of his pen in the gift shop on consignment ...

WOW  What a summer!!!! 





 This got me thinking, I am going to have to start carrying a  photo book again of my art work and my son pen's so I can show folks what type of work we do and find out what pieces they want. For it is a pain to have to carry a tub of work in and let them pick and choose. 

So my suggestion to anyone with a dream and a passion, carry a photo book, drawing pad, writing pad, etc to show folks what your dream is all about.   






      Until next time, Happy Creating and God Bless

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I am deeply grateful for your support, comments and 
business and a huge thanks to all of those who have recently 
purchased my paintings and ornaments. It means a lot to me.
Thanks once again for taking the time to read my blog.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have a wall that needs to be filled or perhaps 
replaced with an image that inspires you? Or a memory you 
would like captured? Than I would love to talk to you about
doing a commission painting for you.   And thank you for 
your support, your love of art and for letting me sharing my 
journey with you.  If you have friends who would be 
interested in my work, please forward this blog on to 


them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------




If you have friends who would be interested in my

work, please forward this blog on to them. And to 

continue to stay connected via:

Website:  http://creationsbyjdfields.weebly.com/

Gallery that my work is at: WWW.RAVENSNESTGALLERYCA.COM   

My blog: http://creationsbyjdfields.blogspot.com/     

My Newsletter: http://newsletterbyjdfields.blogspot.com/ 

My online gallery and affordable giclees on canvas, prints and cards: 

http://j-d-fields-.artistwebsites.com/ 

 j-d-fields-.pixels.com   

Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/artwkbyladybug/  

Follow me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/creationsbyjdfields

Commissions are welcome, Contact Me: pals4ever98@hotmail.com  

(C) All copyright privileges retained by Creations by J.D. Fields. Downloading/printing is prohibited by law