Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Keeping track of where your art work is place...

Everyone,


Last couple of month and this month as well has been a busy months for me. Around Feb I decided to get out of the boat (my comfort zone)  and start placing my art work around town like Coffee Cafe, Art Assoc Galleries, Jury Shows, Restaurant, etc.


But I have found that I could not remember or keep up with all the places that my art work is at. Plus I could not remember what art work I had place in a Jury show the year before. So this year I have come up with a plan... 



You crafters can use this same idea, just tweak it a little. It will work for you too. 



I always keep a journal of my art work. 

File No:__(Here I give each painting a no.) ___

Size:     "X   " 

Medium:___________

Date Completed:_______________

City & State:__________________________
(I do this so I know what state I painted the art work in) 

Price: $_______

Sold too:________________________________

Note:__________________________________
_______________________________________
_______________________________________ 



But what about the places that I hang my art work?




Just like my art journals I have taken a book and place all the info that I need when I go hang at a Coffee Cafe,Art Assoc, Galleries, Jury Shows, Restaurants, etc.



This is what the page look like: 



Name of place:______________________________ 

Take In:_________________ 

Artwork Name:

1.Name: ___________________________________

       Accepted _____ Not Accepted _____                                       
Size    "X   "  Medium:____________   Cost $ ______

Sold too: ___________________________________  
Address:____________________________________

___________________________________________


Date Removed __________


I have all ready found that this record keeping is really helps me keep track of where my art work is. Also I am hopping that when I participate in the same show(s) next year this will also help me to remember what I entered from the perverse year.  



Well until next time, Happy Creating and God Bless


If you have friends who would be interested in my

work, please forward this blog on to them. And to 

continue to stay connected via:

Website:  http://creationsbyjdfields.weebly.com/

My blog: http://creationsbyjdfields.blogspot.com/     

My Newsletter: http://newsletterbyjdfields.blogspot.com/ 

My online gallery and affordable giclees on canvas, prints and cards:

http://j-d-fields-.artistwebsites.com/

 j-d-fields-.pixels.com