I had gotten up early that morning and had my mom watch the grand babies so that I could meet everyone up at the Oak Glen Old School House Museum and Park to paint.
Everyone who was there was from Sharon Rachal class and I was the odd ball out in left field not sure how she teaches or even her style of painting. But I had to remind myself that my major goal for this year and next year too is to become more confident with plein air. So I buckle down and we all found our places and set up and started painting.
I started off doing good until it came to painting the rock on the schoolhouse building...When I'm in my studio I will paint each individual rock but being out door you are to give the look with only a few rocks. So I try to paint rocks and I tried and I tried and I tried to wear I was going to give up and just enjoy the view. But Sharon Rachal came over to me and ask if she could show me a trick or two and I jump to the offer. She sat down in front of my painting and show me how to paint what looks like a rock.
And after watching her for a moment the dud dud hit me and I was back to my painting quickly. By 3:30 pm we started to wrap up things but I still need to finish my painting.
So the next day I was back at it again adding little touches like the rail, steps, walkway, more color to the trees, clouds and the fallen tree leaves.
I can't wait to go out again for it really does help u to see color, shapes and beside u get to go to places that u would have never gotten out to see.
- If you like my work, leave me a comment, share this blog with your friends
- My new newsletter http://newsletterbyjdfields.blogspot.com/
- My original paintings are available for sale here on my blog. Just message me.
- My online gallery and affordable giclees on canvas, prints and cards: http://j-d-fields-.artistwebsites.com/ or j-d-fields-.pixels.com
- Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/artwkbyladybug/
- Follow me on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/CreationsbyJDFields
- Commissions are welcome, Contact Me: firstname.lastname@example.org
(C) All copyright privileges retained by Creations by J.D. Fields. Downloading/printing is prohibited by law