Thursday, July 25, 2013

It's been a while since I posted...

 
 
 
Well it has been a while since I posted so come on in...
 
 get your tea or coffee, but don't rush for its just been way to hot to rush around! Music please.
 
 
 
 Hummmmm! Hummmmmmm! Hummmmmmm! (Sing to my self)
 
 
 
 
 
O' y'all are back, come on in and sit a spell. Take ur shoes off and relaxes.
 
 
 
Will as most of ya know I am a self taught artist and last year I wanted to take my  the to the next level by trying my hand at Plein Air. So for the past year I have been studying Plein Air on YouTube and this year I have been buying my gear and getting out of the boat and walking on water.  
 
 
Here y'all can see I am using a French Easel (for now, I have my eye on a Integra Field and Studio easel next), a Julian French Easel Umbrella and a Wet Lock Box Palette (love it!)
 
 
Last year during spring I stumble across this little gem.
 
 
 
  When I went back to it this Summer, I took this photo of the same place.
 

 

So on July 1, 2013 I pack up the car and headed out. Once I got to my destination I started my first Plein Air  painting. (*u*)
Here's hoping that all those hours that I spent watching Plein Air on YouTube will pay off.
 
 
 


As I work on this painting the weather was changing quickly and I kept an ear out to hear if the thunder was going to roll in. Being close to the mountains u just never know.



I thought I was going to be using a paint brush to paint with but just did not feel right, so I went back to my pallet knife again. As y'all can see in the mountains.
  

 

 
Here I 'am getting lost in the painting and listening to the woodpecker, the dogs playing across the street, an owl who kept hooting off an on for a bit early that morning and the sweet doves singing their song. I even saw a ground squire pop up his/her head and running around as if to see what I was doing HA-HA 
 

 
I have been painting for about 2 1/2 hours. This painting is about 95% done. Need to shorten my mountain and push them back some.

Will the sun has broke out and the humidity has gone up. YUCK!!!
Thank God I am wrapping up this painting and taking it back to the studio to finish.
 
 
 
 
(C) All copyright privileges retained by Creations by J.D. Fields. Downloading/printing is prohibited by law
 
 Back in the studio.
I did a little more work by cutting down the distant mountains and pushed them back. Added the small trees and bushes and reworked the fence line. 
 
 
Well my next blog, I will be writing about how I got my self in a real pickle when I took a picture of an old barn while on vacation that I was thinking about painting back at my studio.
 


Well until next time, Happy Creating and God Bless



 



  • My original paintings are available for sale here on my blog. Just message me.
  • Follow me on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/CreationsbyJDFields
  • Commissions are welcome, Contact Me: pals4ever98@hotmail.com