Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I got my behind in a pickled...




 Well as I said in my last blog I want to share with y'all my experience with what I thought was a day taking a picture of an old barn.

   Hubby and I had plan a family vacation to Utah at the end of June 2013 but as I was working at VQ I found out from a board member that he thought it was hot out there during this time of the year. So when I got home I told hubby and then check the Weather Channel on my laptop and found that it was 118* out there, so we opted to stay home for our vacation.
 
 

 Well after a few days hubby gets this great idea to head out to Central Valley, Ca. (San Diego County) to our favorite campground, which is much cooler than home. (we were 99* and up with high humidity.)  So now I only have 1 1/2 days to get the RV ready, clean house, shop for food, find someone to come and feed our dogs (Thank ya Maria. Y'all are my HERO!), etc.
 
Boy was I pooped
 
 
 
 but I got it done and on the road we went. YEA!!!!

 


On Wednesdays 07/03 we headed out and after about 2 1/2 hour of driving we arrived at the campground and boy it was so nice and relaxing (The temp was in the 80's).



 The next day was the 4th of July
 

 
So hubby, our son and yours truly, head out to San Diego, Ca where it was even cooler (70's) but the people were like the hair on ur head, so we headed back to Center Valley and that is were I saw the old broken down big shed and barn. My heart was set and I need to take a picture of it.

(C) All copyright privileges retained by Creations by J.D. Fields. Downloading/printing is prohibited by law
 This drawing of Two Old Barn Doors is one that I did in 2009



 So back at the campground I wanted to do a little plein air and I kept looking at this bush just a few feet in front of our 5th Wheel. So the next day I pull out my painting gear and went to paint.

 
As I started this 5"x7" canvas panel I could hear and see all the folks in the pool. Playing, laughing, kids splashing, mom yelling at little Timmy to leave his sister alone and I was having a hard time trying to keep my focus on my painting.

The next day I went back to finish the painting and again the pool was full of folks having fun. (my own son was one of them by the way) (.*u*.) 

So again with all the noise I still found it hard to focus but I was determine to finish this study painting of a bush and I did.
 

 
Later on that day Hubby needed to make a milk run and I still had that old broken down big shed and barn on my mind. So I ask hubby if he could take me  to the Barn so that I could take some pictures of it. Little did I know that I was about to get my behind in a pickled.

Hubby and I got in the truck and we headed out to the barn. I know that y'all can not go onto someone lands but ya can park out on the street. So hubby pull over, I got out of the truck and started to take a picture.



Next thing I heard was someone yelling "HAY!!!" ready loud and what look like to me, two older teen age boys/young men started to come at me.


   Well I stood my ground and yell back "I AM A ARTIST AND WOULD LIKE TO TAKE SOME PHOTO'S OF Y'ALL BARN"... At that point we yelled back and fourth to each other but I could not hear them half the time.

 After a few minutes of the yelling back and fourth I took other click with my camera and the yelling started up again and by this time I got an uneasy feeling when I saw one of the boys/men go into the house and that is when I decided to abandon the barn and get out of Dodge.



I ready wanted a pic of the old broken down big shed and a front view of the barn but it was not worth all the hassle. There are a lot of other barns out there... this one was not worth it.
 
So what did I learn from all of this? I learn that being a studio artist y'all in a safe, comfortable environment. Unlike a photographer or plein air artist who are at the mercy of the environment and crazy folks . My hat goes off to y'all.



Well until next time, Happy Creating and God Bless







  • My original paintings are available for sale here on my blog. Just message me.

  • Follow me on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/CreationsbyJDFields
  •  Commissions are welcome, Contact Me: pals4ever98@hotmail.com