Saturday, March 23, 2013

Practices, Practices, Practices...

The other day I was looking on the net and watching Plein Air on You Tube when I kept coming across, How to draw, Keep drawing, The importance of drawing, etc. and what they all keep repeating is this, practices, practices, practices. 
Drawing is one of the most important skills to  an artist. With out the basic concepts and ideas of drawing along with good perspective we could not create art in any form.

We need to practices, practices, practices drawing every day to improve your technique and skills.


(Here is a 5"x7" drawing of a cat that I have started while waiting for my mom at the doctors office)


After watching a few videos I started to think when I was a little girl my mother taught me to embroidery and she had me practices, practices, practices until I could embroidery fine details.

Later my grandma and Aunt taught me how to crochet. My Aunt had me crochet with yarn and my grandma had me crocheting with fine thread. Again it was practices, practices, practices and now I can crochet fast and not look at my hand while I am crocheting but I do it all by touch now.

Also I can remember my Aunt teaching me how to sew, she had me start off with simple patterns and as I practices, practices, practices, I got better and got to moved onto much harder patterns. When I got into high school and had to take home mick, I was the one who was teaching some of the girls some trick of the trade and getting in trouble for it. Those were the days...

So know matter what your field of craft or hobby is, it is all about practices, practices, practices and y'all will be turning out master pieces that folks will enjoy for generations to come.


Well until next time, Happy Creating and God Bless

J.D. Fields of Art Work by Lady Bug

Contact Me: pals4ever98@hotmail.com  

MY WEBSITE: http://j-d-fields-.fineartamerica.com  

MY ESTY: http://CreationbyLadybug.etsy.com
 
PINTEREST: http://pinterest.com/artwkbyladybug/