Tuesday, June 19, 2012

How do u find the time to paint?”

Each day I get to work on my art for about 15 to 30 min. at a time, which is due to me taking care of my grandbabies. (A 4 year old little girl and a 1 year old little boy) At times  this can be a challenge but I have learn to clean house, wash, cook and work on my art while the one year old takes his nap, eats lunch, and when my hubby is on the road I will paint during dinner time.

I wanted to take a new painting to take to the Homeward Bound: Mega Pet Adoption Event  that Viston Quest was a part of. So when I saw this pic that was taken by Pam Utton - Pam's Watercolor Pet Portraits’. I knew I just had to paint it for there is just something about this goat that reminds me of my grandma goats...

Pan said yes and I was on my way.

I took a 11X14 stretch canvas and I drew the pic of the goat and started to paint. That was the 1st day...


The 2nd day I started to lay in the face. 



On the 3rd and 4th day I rework the face, ears and work on this off and on due to my grandson being all boy and getting into every thing...



The 5th day I work on this guy off an on all day and feel that I got his face just the way I want it but his body is other matter. I am taking two days off for the weekend....



The 8th day I work on the body and come on the 9th day I took my pallet knife and started to lay my colors in. I love to paint in a whimsical style, for me it’s like playing. And I wanted to have a playful look to it.

But I need to work on the body some more so I am not calling this one DONE yet.



On the 10th &11th day I reworked the body and the background all while take care of my grandbabies.



People ask me all the time “How do u find the time to paint?” All I can say is that if you truly love what u do than u will find the time to create. If not than u will be completing about why u can’t create this or that and will miss out on the joy of what u love to do. I know I had done that for a short time due to caring for my grandson. But I soon learn that if I wanted to paint again I need to find the time and I did. At time it is not easy with a one year old but if I can get a few mins to paint than I know that tomorrow I will get to paint again and again and again and before I know it I have created a painting.

What is it that u want to create? All it take is a few mins a day and y’all will be surprise at the beauty of what ur hands can create.