Tuesday, May 8, 2012

More info to add to ur art show supplies list...



I just got done showing my art at three different art show in three weeks (April to May) and boy am I bush. But as always I leaned something’s and would like to share them with y’all.
The first show was a jury and this is the first time that I did not win a ribbon. The 2nd show that I participated was the Wildlands/Vision Quest art show call “Art in the Wildlands’ /Art in Nature with the Wildlands Conservancy Oak Glen and Vision Quest Center for Creativity at Los Rios Rancho in Oak Glenn, Ca. And as I was packing I found that it would be best to start writing down an art show supplies list so that I don't forget anything. So much to pack and so little time....
This time I decided I wanted to buy some wire display panels but found that they were a little out of my budget right now, so as I was surfing the web I came across this site which I think would be helpful to artist and crafters alike.  


So after reading this I went out to my garage and pulled out my lattice display panels that my hubby made for me some time back when I sold Prim crafts and display at many show. I have now added this to my supplies list and I am ready…We load up and off we go.
After we got to the show we found that the ground was very uneven and I had the sun all day hitting the back of my lattice, so I took a tarp and hung it on the out side behind the lattice and it gave me shaded all day and protect my art work all day long.
(Y’all can see how hubby clamped the tarp onto the leg of my pop-up. Also see how he has tied the lattice to the pop-up as well)



Plus I found that the ground was unlevel and that I need some bricks to level out my tables and lattice. (Other thing to add to my supplies list)  
Other thing that is best to add to your list of supplies is a trash box. Not all shows will have a trash can near you and it is nice to give your customers a place to throw away their trash and even yours.
I even carry extra water and paper plates so that when I see a dog that is hot and thirsty (you would not believe how many owners I meet that dose not have water on them for their dogs. They do have it in their car but it dose not help the dog if the car is far away) so I always offer the pet and owner water and the dog is more that happy to accept.   

(This pic is my dog Fred) 

And if you are wondering how to draw folks ur booth, do a demo of your work. For me I am artist so I painted all day. Normally I would draw and let people watch but this time I try painting out doors and I now have a new respect for people who love to paint out doors. I am going back to my drawing with graphite and color pencil at shows…  


Now let’s go over our list. This can be use for artist and crafters alike:  

1. Think about making an art show supplies list so that ya don't forget anything…
2.  Think about display panels and were ur budget is…

3. Always take a tarp with ya
4. Think about bring some bricks to level out the ground …

5. Always bring a trash can
6. For all ya animal’s lover always carry extra water and paper plates so that ya can offer water to the owner and their pet.
7. To draw folks to ur booth do a demo of ur work, be it crafts or art work…

I will post more on the other show next time.