Sunday, February 26, 2012

Dreams do come true...

Sometime back my sweet hubby and his co worker were on their lunch hour so they decided to kill sometime and went down to San Pedro to Ports ‘ Call  (Los Angeles Country) and walk around. 

Hubby takes his co work into some art gallery and start explaining the different styles and types of art to his co work. Well his coworker asks him “How do you know so much about this stuff?” Hubby tells him that his wife is an artist…

Little did they know that someone was listening in on the conversation and pull my hubby aside and ask if I have a web site?  Hubby said yes and before they know it they are looking at my work on the net.  This gentleman give my hubby a business card and tells him to bring me by sometime for they would like to see more of my work and maybe show my work as well.

Well I was flood but still need to go down there. The only problem is that it is a 2 ½ hour drive from my house and hubby works 12 to 16 hours a day with little time off. So while on vacation this month we took our youngest son Nathaniel (he makes one of a kind wood writing pen) and my photo book of my art work and we went down to San Pedro Art Association, thinking we could start there. Nathaniel score with an order and maybe more to come but what I did not know was the head of the art dept that I need to talk too is a art gallery director beside runs the assoc. She had me sit down and I show her my work and then the interview began. After we were done she told me that she really likes my whimsical art work and with a little guidance I could have my work in the L.A. gallery.

Well my heart leaped for this has been a dream since childhood.  We talked a little longer and I thank her and started planning my next project…

Why am I tell y’all this is because ya never know when an opportunity my pop up. Ya don’t know who is looking at your web page, checking out your business card or asking to see your work. If y’all are a jeweler, artist, crafter, etc. y’all keep dreaming and one day when you lease expected opportunity will come knocking at your door too…