Monday, November 21, 2011

Been talking to artist & hear what they have to say...

Howdy everyone, I am guessing that most of you figure I had fallen off the face of the earth. Will I have been taking care of my grandson and granddaughter. Landon & Haydon Faith while my daughter Chantal and son-in-law Jason goes to work.



But I am back and will try my best to post more offen.

I have started painting again (now that Landon is getting older and he dose not need me as much as when he was a new born.) Plus I am a board member to Yucaipa Vision Quest Art Gallery and Yucaipa Valley Art Assoc. I have been working hard on updating Vision Quest Art Gallery Artist Log In art books and have been talking to artist big and small and I want to share some of the things that they have told me about selling their art work in this economy. (I am also thinking that this would also help out crafters too.)

We all know that the world economy has been hit hard these pass few years but mostly this year. But don't believe everything you hear about people not having money. There is still a lot of people with money out there and they are more than happy to spend it.
What I have been told by these artist is that you need to go to big cities, beach resorts, mountain resorts, deserts resorts, and places that snowbirds and sun birds stay at and peddle your wears there. If you stay around small town like Fontana, Ca you are not going to make much business. You need to go were the money is.
I was also told by the artist to create piece of art work that you can sell for under a $100.00. Most people can't afford $1000.00 painting but they can and will buy a $50.00 -$60.00 painting...


And people also like novelty work of art...


Plus for you crafters, during this holiday season have items that are big sellers like snowman, tags, ornaments, etc at adorable price's.




I guess what I am trying to say is don't give up on your dreams or small business just try different avenue to sell your wears and enjoy the time that you are creating. For there is only one you who can create the items in the style that you do.

Until the next time...